ANDES TREKKING TRIPS OF 14 DAYS OR 12, 16 DAYS
The best way to discover the amazing Ecuador Andean volcanoes and the lakes
2013 Prices of this Trekking Trips per person in
|Duration||12 Days||14 Days||16 Days|
|Single room supplement||$65||$95||$100|
• Departure and prices for 4 persons (or 2 with supplement on request) • This tour can be modified, reduced on request • For Tour Operators, Travel agencies, please ask for our special rates.
Andes HIGHTLIGHTS OF THIS TOUR
• Quito, Equator Monument
• Otavalo: Cotacachi handicraft village
• Mojanda, Cuicocha and Quilotoa crater Lakes
• Fuya Fuya - Imbabura- Pasochoa – Pichincha - Rumiñahui volcanoes
• National Parks of Illinizas, Cotopaxi and Chimborazo volcanoes
• Train from the Andean city of Ibarra to Salinas Afro village in subtropical valley
• Baños: Hot springs
• Visit of the famous Indigenous market of Otavalo
• Visit the Pailon del Diablo waterfall
Description of the Trips:
- ARRIVAL IN ECUADOR - QUITO: Arrival in Ecuador, at Quito capital at 9186 Ft. Reception at the airport and transfer to the hotel. Welcome cocktail. Night.
- QUITO – OTAVALO : COTACACHI: Visit of Quito and its Historical Center, classified Cultural Heritage by UNESCO on foot. Then, drive onto the Panamerican road toward the beautiful Andean region of Otavalo. Panoramic stop at San Pablo Lake. Then arrival at an Indigenous Community close to Cotacachi, the city of the leather handicraft. Visit of the community and meeting with its handcrafters’ and countrymen. Then accommodation in a family house, typical dinner and night there.
- COTACACHI – CUICOCHA LAKE - COTACACHI VOLCANO: Transfer to the splendid crater lake of Cuicocha then trek around the lake (11154 Ft/a 4-5 h walk). Box lunch. Then return to the community, local music small show (if group), dinner, night.
- MOJANDA LAKES - FUYA FUYA VOLCANO: Drive to the Mojanda lake region then ascent to the Fuya Fuya volcano peak: Cerro Negro (of 13986 Ft). Box lunch. Scenic route via the historic Zuleta hacienda up to La Esperanza village. Dinner and night at small inn there.
In option: IMBABURA VOLCANO – OTAVALO: Trek to the majestic Imbabura volcano then ascent to its summit (of 15190 Ft). Box lunch. Drive to Otavalo. Hotel night
- OTAVALO – IBARRA – TRAIN (*) – OTAVALO : Transfer to the “white” town of Ibarra, the train station then short train trip or « autoferro » (bus on rails) (*) crossing Andean scenery with Cayambe volcano then subtropical and sugar cane fields up to Salinas Afro village. Lunch at a community restaurant. Or on option at a hacienda with hot springs in Chachimbiro. Night at Otavalo hotel.
(*) This train Only operates from Wednesday to Sunday, should the day change, we could replace the train trip with the ascent of the Imbabura Volcano.
- OTAVALO MARKET- QUITO: Visit of the famous Indigenous market of Otavalo (saturday or reduced the other days), Peguche Waterfall (In option), typical lunch with a Otovalenian Music band (on Saturday). Middle of the World “Quitsato”. Dinner and night.
- PASOCHOA VOLCANO - QUITO: Transfer to foot of Pasochoa then trek and climbing up to its peak (of 13779 Ft). Box Lunch. Then drive to Cotopaxi National Park and arrival at a cosy shelter surrounded by a nice scenery. Free dinner. Night
In option: QUITO– RUCU PICHINCHA VOLCANO - QUITO: Transfer to Quito cable car station then Panoramic ascent up to Pichincha volcano foot (at 13451 Ft) then hiking and climbing to Rucco Pichincha summit (15180 Ft) observing a beautiful view of Quito and of all the Cordillera around (3-4 h). Box lunch. Night in hotel.
- COTOPAXI NATIONAL PARK: Visit of the Cotopaxi National Park. Free time. Early diner then short night.
- RUMIÑAHUI - CHAUPI: Small breakfast and transfer to the foot of the Rumiñahui then trek and climbing. After the ascent, Box Lunch. Then route to Chaupi region. Rest. Dinner and night.
- NORTH ILLINIZA: Trek and climbing to the North Illiniza peak or instead, in option (recommended): great horse-riding on the Illinizas. Boxlunch. Rest. Dinner and night.
- QUILOTOA LAKE: Route to the Quilotoa crater lake after crossing the small town of Latacunga and Pujili village. Trek. Dinner and night in a Urbina Train Station.
- CHIMBORAZO: Transfer to the National park of Chimborazo volcano, walk to the 1st refuge « Whymper » at 15748 Ft. Then up to the 2nd refuge at 16404 Ft and possible ascent to the needles of Whymper at 17388 Ft. Box lunch then drive to the charming thermal town of Baños. Rest. Great and delicious Hot springs bath. Night at the hotel in Baños or in town.
- BAÑOS – QUITO: Baños Hike, small walk down the path “Contrabandistas”, then cable car ride and visit to the “Pailón del Diablo” waterfall. Night.
- BAÑOS – QUITO: Free rest day or in option: mountain biking from Baños to Rio Verde, to visit the Pailon del Diablo waterfall. Return to Quito. Optional hotel night.
Trip also realizable in 12 days (excluding the days: 5 and 10) or in 16 days (including the optional days : day 4: Imbabura ascent and day 7: Rucco Pichincha ascent).
This Trek includes - Nights in 2* hotels, refuges or mountain inns and in Indigenous home stay (as mentioned in the tour) in double rooms - Full board and soft beverages, water during the treks and ascents (with breakfasts, dinners, box lunches as mentioned) and breakfast in the city hotels - Professional English speaking mountain guide and one assistant guide ( from 6 persons for Illiniza ascent, from 9 pers for Fuya Fuya, Imbabura and Rucu Pichincha - Private transport and transfers in a 4×4 or minibus, train journey - Site visits as mentioned and entrance fees to the parks.
It does not include: - Mountain and camping personal equipment - Other meals, dinners, drinks - Tips - International flights (that we can offer you) – International airport tax if not included in your air ticket ( $ 41at the depart of Quito and $ 28 from Guayaquil – that may change without notice) – Other services, activities in option – Travel Insurance – Last night in Quito – Transfer to Quito airport...